Ferndale has an impressive number of events going on year round. Please check the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce site for the latest info and dates, or call the telephone numbers listed.
- Start your New Year off at the Ivanhoe.
- Fireman’s Games – The balcony of the Ivanhoe provides the best spot to watch the Ferndale Volunteer Firemen compete.
- Foggy Bottoms Milk Run – A family run sponsored by the Six Rivers Running Club with three different courses through Ferndale farmlands to the Main Street finish line. Race director: 707-826-8670 ext. 120.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Youngsters hunt for treasured eggs colored and hidden by Ferndale Scout troops. Prizes in four categories, according to age. Sponsored by the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce at Firemen’s Park. (707) 786-4477.
- Portuguese Easter Dance – Includes choosing of the Holy Ghost Queens for the June celebration.
- Sunrise Easter Service – St. Mark’s Lutheran Church gathers worshippers high on the hill at the Ferndale Cemetery overlooking the Eel River Valley to witness the dawn of Easter morning. 6 a.m. (707) 786-9353.
- Annual Spring Concert – The 50-voice Ferndale Community Choir performs sacred songs of the season for an inspirational evening. (707) 786-4477
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta – Features a parade down Main Street, Mexican Folkloric Dancing, authentic Mexican food and Mariachi music. (707) 786-9668.
- Annual Bicycle Tour of the Unknown Coast. Events for the whole family! 10-, 20-, and 50-mile courses plus California’s toughest “century,” the 100-mile loop through the redwoods, tracing the Lost Coast to the Victorian Village of Ferndale. (707) 269-0235
- Antique Show – Collectors and vendors gather for three days at the Humboldt County Fairgrounds. (707) 786-4132 or 786-9511.
- Kinetic Sculpure Race – Crazy three day race for human-powered vehicles that must navigate roads, mud, and water on their way from Arcata to the finish line in Ferndale. Memorial Day Weekend. (707) 786-9259
- Memorial Day Parade – Parade down Main Street at 10am followed by ceremonies at the cemetery.
- Pet Parade – Children parade costumed pets down Main Street (707) 786-4477
- Independence Day Fire Engine Rides – Ferndale Volunteer Firefighters celebrate independence with an old-fashioned treat for the kids: a free ride on a gleaming fire engine. (707) 786-9515
- July 4th Parade & Picnic – Ferndale Repertory Theatre organizes an artful Independence Day parade at noon, followed by a Village Green and the 4th of July show: “Celebrate America!” at the theatre. (707) 786-5483
- AKC Licensed Dog Conformation & Obedience Show – Humboldt County Fairgrounds (707) 629-3323
- Humboldt County Fair – Horse races, mule races, art, livestock contests, carnival rides, handicrafts, food, sheep dog trials, floriculture, animals, much more! (707) 786-9511
- Ferndale Historic Home Tour – Tour five historic homes in Ferndale. (707) 786-4466
- Bargain Lovers Weekend – Garage sales galore, all around Ferndale.
- Garden Tour – Fundraiser for the Humboldt Botanical Gardens Foundation includes gardens in Ferndale, Loleta and Eureka. 707-442-5139
- Ferndale High School Homecoming Parade
- Community Thanksgiving Service – Members of Ferndale’s six churches join together to give thanks in an ecumenical service at Assumption Church. (707) 786-9551.
- Annual Christmas Celebration in Song – The Ferndale Community Choir gives an encore performance, concluding in time for everyone to attend the lighting of America’s tallest living Christmas tree. (707) 786-4477.
- Lighting of America’s Tallest Living Christmas Tree – A tradition since 1934. Decked with colored lights by the volunteer firemen, the huge, radiant Spruce on the hill at the end of Main Street acts as a beacon, visible for miles, to herald the Christmas spirit. Booster Band, Chamelon Singers, 4-H, Scout Troops, etc., turn out to rekindle America’s tallest living Christmas Tree, followed by free cookies and punch. (707) 786-4477
- Portuguese Linguica and Beans Dinner – Follows the Tree Lighting Ceremony and features food and friendliness. (707) 786-4222
- Hospitality Night Open House – The Victorian Village welcomes friends to a lively evening on Main Street. Merchants serve up cheer along with free beverages and goodies. (707) 786-4477
- Santa Claus arrives in Ferndale! – The jolly elf opens his bag of goodies for youngsters on Main Street. Carriage rides for the kids, too! (707) 786-4477
- Annual Christmas Lighted Tractor Parade – Local farmers and ranchers parade fancifully decorated tractors and tractor-drawn wagons depicting holiday scenes down the Victorian Village’s historic Main Street for a sparkling country Christmas celebration! (707) 786-9675 or 786-4477
- New Year’s Eve Rodeo Bash. A full day of rodeo events at Humboldt County Fairgrounds. (707) 786-4864